Guest Speaker Information
Dr. Joseph Phaneuf has been guided and inspired by Sathya Sai Baba since personally meeting and speaking with him in 1986. Following a medical career in dermatology that spanned 39 years, Dr. Joe recently retired as Chief of Medical Staff Education, Communication Consultant and Dermatologist at Kaiser Permanente medical clinics and hospital in Union City and San Leandro, California.
He continues with a robust life of service to others by:
- Filling the role of Medical Director and Dermatologist at the Ashland Free Medical Clinic, located in San Lorenzo, California
- Serving at the Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital and Medical Camps in Prasanthi Nilayam
- Facilitating communication workshops based on the teachings of Sathya Sai Baba in the USA; in the past he has led communication workshops in India, Mexico, Trinidad, and the Dominican Republic
- Sitting as Regional Medical Director for Region 7
- Sitting as Chairman of the USA Medical Committee for the SSIO
- Acting as National Young Adult Advisor
- Sitting as a committee member and faculty for the SSILP for Young Adults (Sathya Sai International Leadership Program for Young Adults)
Dr. Joe has written about how Swami’s teachings have transformed his life and the way he practices medicine in publications including “Inspired Medicine”, “Sathya Shivam Sundaram Vol 6”, and the “Love in Action” website.
Mrs. Prity Bhat – SSIO National Devotional Coordinator
Born and raised in Kolkatta, India, Prity came to the United States as a teenager. She earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology. She took an early retirement after 30 years of service in the telecom industry.
Although Prity's parents were ardent devotees of our dear Bhagavan, Prity did not come into Sai's fold until her 2 children started attending Sai Spiritual Education at East Brunswick, NJ. SSE's impact on her 2 sons brought her close to Swami's teachings and then into Sai's fold. Prity taught SSE for several years before she was blessed to serve as Mid-Atlantic Region's Education coordinator and then President. Currently she is serving as the National Devotion Coordinator.